Will rent lower my WC?

  • skmackie
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2011
      A friend who has lost her job has moved in. If I charge her a little rent, would this lower my WC compensation amount? If she split the utilities, etc. would that effect my WC payment?

      Thanks.
    • Budgiehawk
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2011
        No, it will not have any effect so long as it is rental income and not
        self-employment income or wages. You do not even have to report it.

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 27, 2011
          Thanks for that info. It helps.

        • Budgiehawk@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011