RE: [owcp] hi

    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
      I think you are looking for http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/
      -- Felicia

> [...]
      > To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
      > Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 2:04 PM

      > To all of you,
      >

      > I was injured in 1971 in India. I made the mistake once,
      > back in
      > 1980 or so, of not reminding them who I was for too long a
      > period of time. They
      > put my records into the archive too and it was a hell of a
      > lot of trouble
      > getting them out. I have no idea how it got done and since
      > it’s been 30 years
      > the procedure was used to de-archive my records the
      > methodology is undoubtedly
      > different now.
      >

      > Since then I’ve knocked on the OWCP door about every
      > year or
      > year and a half by having the residual damage re-evaluated
      > and billed to them.
      > In the past 30 years my records have never been archived.
      >

      > I have an infectious bug in my femur as a result of my
      > injury
      > and it does need some pretty extensive medical treatment
      > every ten or 15 years,
      > so it’s important to me to knock on the door routinely
      > and let them know that I’m
      > still around.
      >

      > Kurt Corwin
      >
      > RPCV
      >
      > India-109
      >
      > Tonga-16
      >

      > From:
      > owcp@yahoogroups. com [mailto:owcp@ yahoogroups. com] On
      > Behalf Of Roger
      > Landry
      >
      > Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 10:53 AM
      >
      > To: owcp@yahoogroups. com
      >
      > Subject: RE: [owcp] hi

      > I had lost my favorites and can find the link to loge in
      > to OWCP injured while serving ; my PC HD drive crashed
      > and none of mt
      > searches got me to the site i was looking for ,found a
      > log on and it did not
      > except my e-mail address so it has been use for over 3
      > years on OWCP sites
      > and "Injured while serving" Felicia Kennedy was my
      > contact on that
      > site
      >

      > Roger D. Landry
      >
      > colbyroger@yahoo. com
      >
      > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
      >
      > Tomball, TX 77375
      >

      > --- On Fri, 12/18/09, Kurt Corwin <krcorwin@pacbell.
      > net>
      > wrote:
      >

      > From: Kurt Corwin <krcorwin@pacbell. net>
      >
      > Subject: RE: [owcp] hi
      >
      > To: owcp@yahoogroups. com
      >
      > Date: Friday, December 18, 2009, 12:41 PM
      >

      > Give this a try:
      >
      > http://systems. acs-shc.com/ DOL-PROD- DOC/CQS_Training
      > _Document. pdf
      >

      > From:
      > owcp@yahoogroups. com [mailto:owcp@ yahoogroups. com] On
      > Behalf Of Roger
      >
      > Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:07 AM
      >
      > To: owcp@yahoogroups. com
      >
      > Subject: [owcp] hi
      >

      > need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "

    • Roger Landry
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
        I am looking for the web site   OWCP injured while serving  run by Felicia Kennedy

        Roger D. Landry
        colbyroger@...
        8565 Sugar Pine Place
        Tomball, TX 77375

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
          It isn't related to the OWCP. It is a site for returned
          Peace Corps volunteers called "Peace Corps Connect". I
          don't run it. I just started a group there. -- Felicia

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
            Kevin, et al,

            I got sick back in 1982 with a complicated thing and have been dealing with the USDOL/Peace Corps since then. I recently had an issue and amazingly enough I actually had pretty good success communicating with:
            Linda Donnelly, RN,
            Manager Post Service Unit
            Office of Medical Services
            Peace Corps
            1111 20th St.,
            Washington, DC 20526
            fax: 202-692-1541

            800-424-8580 x 1540 and then you press option 7 and then you get the Post Service Unit and you can ask for her directly. There is also a "case manager" there named Venice Rashford but I've never dealt with her. I'm not sure of the actual role of a case manager since in my day there was no such position.

            I was also able to get archived non-digital information accessed by them. If you or anyone needs to get help with dealing with the system of with getting back into the system I feel that she is the one to go to at the moment.

            Good luck and happy holidays, everyone!

            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013

              have a look at this http://bit.ly/X4umN1

              Andrew