RE: [owcp] hi

  • Kurt Corwin
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009

      Give this a try:

      http://systems.acs-shc.com/DOL-PROD-DOC/CQS_Training_Document.pdf

      From: owcp@yahoogroups.com [mailto:owcp@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger L
      Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 9:07 AM
      To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [owcp] hi

      need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "

    • Roger Landry
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
        I had lost my favorites and can find the link to loge in to OWCP injured while serving ; my PC HD drive crashed and none of mt searches got me to the site i was looking for ,found a log on and it did not except my e-mail address so it has been use for over 3 years on OWCP sites and "Injured while serving" Felicia Kennedy was my contact on that site

        Roger D. Landry
        colbyroger@...
        8565 Sugar Pine Place
        Tomball, TX 77375

        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009

          To all of you,

          I was injured in 1971 in India. I made the mistake once, back in 1980 or so, of not reminding them who I was for too long a period of time. They put my records into the archive too and it was a hell of a lot of trouble getting them out. I have no idea how it got done and since it’s been 30 years the procedure was used to de-archive my records the methodology is undoubtedly different now.

          Since then I’ve knocked on the OWCP door about every year or year and a half by having the residual damage re-evaluated and billed to them. In the past 30 years my records have never been archived.

          I have an infectious bug in my femur as a result of my injury and it does need some pretty extensive medical treatment every ten or 15 years, so it’s important to me to knock on the door routinely and let them know that I’m still around.

          Kurt Corwin

          RPCV

          India-109

          Tonga-16

          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
            we did have a web site call OWCP injured while serving that handed them issues if you know of Felisha Kennedy she runs that site and can help you get to the right place That is why i am trying to get the web address or her to fix my not bong able to get on there site ;
            Her is a number you can call it may help ;; Post-service Unit call center 1-800-424-8580 ex 540 try to get a live person or leave you name and reason you called

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            I had lost my favorites and can find the link to loge in to OWCP injured while serving ; my PC HD drive crashed and none of mt searches got me to the site i was looking for ,found a log on and it did not except my e-mail address so it has been use for over 3 years on OWCP sites and "Injured while serving" Felicia Kennedy was my contact on that site

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@yahoo. com
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            need some help getting back to 'Injured while serving "

            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
              I think you are looking for http://www.peacecorpsconnect.org/
              -- Felicia

              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                I am looking for the web site   OWCP injured while serving  run by Felicia Kennedy

                Roger D. Landry
                colbyroger@...
                8565 Sugar Pine Place
                Tomball, TX 77375

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                  It isn't related to the OWCP. It is a site for returned
                  Peace Corps volunteers called "Peace Corps Connect". I
                  don't run it. I just started a group there. -- Felicia

                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 18, 2009
                    Kevin, et al,

                    I got sick back in 1982 with a complicated thing and have been dealing with the USDOL/Peace Corps since then. I recently had an issue and amazingly enough I actually had pretty good success communicating with:
                    Linda Donnelly, RN,
                    Manager Post Service Unit
                    Office of Medical Services
                    Peace Corps
                    1111 20th St.,
                    Washington, DC 20526
                    fax: 202-692-1541

                    800-424-8580 x 1540 and then you press option 7 and then you get the Post Service Unit and you can ask for her directly. There is also a "case manager" there named Venice Rashford but I've never dealt with her. I'm not sure of the actual role of a case manager since in my day there was no such position.

                    I was also able to get archived non-digital information accessed by them. If you or anyone needs to get help with dealing with the system of with getting back into the system I feel that she is the one to go to at the moment.

                    Good luck and happy holidays, everyone!

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 29, 2013

                      have a look at this http://bit.ly/X4umN1

                      Andrew