Re: [owcp] Letter from Acting Director Jody K. Olsen

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 15, 2009
      i just had enough denials when i know i can work with out hurting my self

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
        My take on her letter is, "it's business as usual and we don't intend to change." The good news is, we may have a new PC Director soon. I wonder if there is anyway to have our questions/concerns come up at his confirmation hearing.

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Felicia" <felicia@...> wrote:

        > Saying she realized that the process sucks while telling
        > us what a great job they do is kind of disingenuous, I
        > think. -- Felicia
        >
        > > interesting.  1) While reasonably rapid submission rates
        > > are noteworthy as indicative of PCs support of PCVs or
        > > rather RPCVers needing DOl services, there is no
        > > indication of amount of time needed for  resolution of
        > > these claims by DOl, including similarily comparative
        > > data. 2)  Calling DOl costs money was omitted from
        > > comment. 3)  While the process is clearly cumbersome and
        > > even frustrating, it seems to be the only game in town...
        > > peace
        > > dk

      • Roger Landry
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 16, 2009
          I do hope Dodd hold up the money till they fix the system

          Roger D. Landry
          colbyroger@...
          8565 Sugar Pine Place
          Tomball, TX 77375

          My take on her letter is, "it's business as usual and we don't intend to change." The good news is, we may have a new PC Director soon. I wonder if there is anyway to have our questions/concerns come up at his confirmation hearing.

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, "Felicia" <felicia@... > wrote:

          > Saying she realized that the process sucks while telling
          > us what a great job they do is kind of disingenuous, I
          > think. -- Felicia
          >
          > > interesting.  1) While reasonably rapid submission rates
          > > are noteworthy as indicative of PCs support of PCVs or
          > > rather RPCVers needing DOl services, there is no
          > > indication of amount of time needed for  resolution of
          > > these claims by DOl, including similarily comparative
          > > data. 2)  Calling DOl costs money was omitted from
          > > comment. 3)  While the process is clearly cumbersome and
          > > even frustrating, it seems to be the only game in town...
          > > peace
          > > dk

        • Roger Landry
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 17, 2009
            I have lost my ability to log in to OWCP Injured wile serving, my PC had crashed lost all my favorets ,can you help me out???

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

> [...]

            The Peace Corps is 48-years young and refining and improving its procedures as it adapts to the changing needs of Volunteers and RPCVs. The improvements listed above are proof of our recent efforts to better assist RPCVs with FECA-related issues and the OWCP. Those improvements have been accomplished by the existing Post-Service Unit. Therefore, it is the position of the Peace Corps that the idea of an ombudsman or, more likely, an Office of the Ombudsman, which has been discussed off-and-on for years, is not the answer to this or other needs of Volunteers and RPCVs. We do not need an additional layer to the system.

            If you or other members of your group need assistance in dealing with OWCP, you are
            welcome to contact the Post-Service Unit Call Center: 1-800-424-8580, extension 1540.

          • Budgiehawk@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 17, 2009
              What would you like me to do for you?

              In a message dated 12/17/2009 6:18:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, colbyroger@... writes:

              I have lost my ability to log in to OWCP Injured wile serving, my PC had crashed lost all my favorets ,can you help me out???

              Roger D. Landry
              colbyroger@yahoo. com
              8565 Sugar Pine Place
              Tomball, TX 77375

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 14 2:39 PM
                it was over a mouth ms Kennedy help me out

                Roger D. Landry
                colbyroger@...
                8565 Sugar Pine Place
                Tomball, TX 77375