Re: [owcp] Re: http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org

    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
      I talked to someone at peacecorpsconnect.org, and she was
      really enthusiastic and supportive. If nothing else, I
      can create the group and use it to point people to the
      right support group. -- Felicia

      > Sorry to hear you're not doing well.
      >
      > Maybe we don't need another group as much as we need to
      > direct people
      > here. If/when I check out the community, I'll post a
      > message there,
      > but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.
      >

      > --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Felicia" <felicia@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> > Hi Felicia,
      >> >
      >> > Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the site.
      >> >
      >> > Your suggestion is an excellent one. Do you want to
      >> take
      >> > the lead? I would, but I already have too many irons
      >> in
      >> > the fire.
      >> >
      >> > Kevin
      >> >
      >> > P.S. I certainly hope the "nasty and accusatory"
      >> comment
      >> > wasn't directed at me.
      >>
      >> I can't right now, as I'm not doing well and don't want
      >> deal with it. As for my comment, no, it was not
      >> directed
      >> at anyone. However, I'm on other lists with people who
      >> have been injured while in government service and they
      >> can
      >> get really really angry (and rightly so). I just wanted
      >> to remind everyone that lashing out will make it harder
      >> for others to sympathize with us. Sorry if that came
      >> across as accusatory.
      >>
      >> Hmm, while I'm not sure if I want to start the group, I
      >> can certainly contact the site administrators and tell
      >> them that we are interested in starting such a group and
      >> see if I can get them to work with us. -- Felicia

    • Roger Landry
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
      • 1 Attachment
      • 324 KB
      Senator Dodd set a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mes they are creating .If i had 2 good legs I still be a valued person at the last job i had fixing over 500  PC in a Tech school .keep falling and they were worried about there insurance forced me to volunteer to retire

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
        Thanks, Felicia.

        If you start a group, please let me know its name and how to get to it. I've re-thought my position since my last message: While it would be nice to direct people here, there should be some actual content (at least on occasion) in the peacecorpsconnect community. That certainly would attract more attention--and hopefully keep it on people's radars.

        Thanks again,

        Kevin

        Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
          Roger,

          It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.

          Kevin

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

          > Senator Dodd sent a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mess they are creating ...
        • Roger Landry
          Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
            Thank you for that i also asked his office what came of the request he sent and not any reply

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            Message 6 of 16 , Jul 9, 2009
              The Peace Corps Director's Office called me to let me know that I should receive a response to my email within a week. It will be interesting to see Jody Olsen's take on what Peace Corps is doing for RPCVs who are having problems with OWCP.

              --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <owcp2004@...> wrote:

              > Roger,
              >
              > It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.
              >
              > Kevin
            • Roger Landry
              Message 7 of 16 , Jul 9, 2009
                thank you so much I do hope we get some help ;I just sent in another appeal to the DOL/OWCP .I had call them left a message, set a letter, an e-mail . got no reply, to be sure i was clear to send another up dated appeal /if not it will be denied  I also included all the bill that came from my fractured knee that i injured in the Peace corps in 1995 i am suer it will be denied with a reson I did not meet the burden of proof.
                I have a trale of evedence that is 15 years long same problem.

                Roger D. Landry
                colbyroger@...
                8565 Sugar Pine Place
                Tomball, TX 77375