Re: [owcp] Re: http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
      I look at it this way .If we want change it the same reason we joined the PC,we want to make other peopl live better ;now it our time to make our live better the PC cant keep tossing out all it broken peopl with out some sort of plan to make sure they do not have to join the poverty level ;I am forced to live on SSI and it will stop some day and than it to late to ask for help ;ROGER

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
        I talked to someone at peacecorpsconnect.org, and she was
        really enthusiastic and supportive. If nothing else, I
        can create the group and use it to point people to the
        right support group. -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
        • 1 Attachment
        • 324 KB
        Senator Dodd set a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mes they are creating .If i had 2 good legs I still be a valued person at the last job i had fixing over 500  PC in a Tech school .keep falling and they were worried about there insurance forced me to volunteer to retire

        Roger D. Landry
        colbyroger@...
        8565 Sugar Pine Place
        Tomball, TX 77375

        Message 4 of 16 , Jul 1 6:07 AM
          Thanks, Felicia.

          If you start a group, please let me know its name and how to get to it. I've re-thought my position since my last message: While it would be nice to direct people here, there should be some actual content (at least on occasion) in the peacecorpsconnect community. That certainly would attract more attention--and hopefully keep it on people's radars.

          Thanks again,

          Kevin

          Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1 6:12 AM
            Roger,

            It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.

            Kevin

            --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

            > Senator Dodd sent a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mess they are creating ...
          • Roger Landry
            Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1 2:55 PM
              Thank you for that i also asked his office what came of the request he sent and not any reply

              Roger D. Landry
              colbyroger@...
              8565 Sugar Pine Place
              Tomball, TX 77375

              Message 7 of 16 , Jul 9 6:57 AM
                The Peace Corps Director's Office called me to let me know that I should receive a response to my email within a week. It will be interesting to see Jody Olsen's take on what Peace Corps is doing for RPCVs who are having problems with OWCP.

                --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <owcp2004@...> wrote:

                > Roger,
                >
                > It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.
                >
                > Kevin
              • Roger Landry
                Message 8 of 16 , Jul 9 7:09 AM
                  thank you so much I do hope we get some help ;I just sent in another appeal to the DOL/OWCP .I had call them left a message, set a letter, an e-mail . got no reply, to be sure i was clear to send another up dated appeal /if not it will be denied  I also included all the bill that came from my fractured knee that i injured in the Peace corps in 1995 i am suer it will be denied with a reson I did not meet the burden of proof.
                  I have a trale of evedence that is 15 years long same problem.

                  Roger D. Landry
                  colbyroger@...
                  8565 Sugar Pine Place
                  Tomball, TX 77375