Re: [owcp] Re: http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
      I have sent a few e-mail to TV station hope they take an interest and it may be a start

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
        Sorry to hear you're not doing well.

        Maybe we don't need another group as much as we need to direct people
        here. If/when I check out the community, I'll post a message there,
        but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
          I look at it this way .If we want change it the same reason we joined the PC,we want to make other peopl live better ;now it our time to make our live better the PC cant keep tossing out all it broken peopl with out some sort of plan to make sure they do not have to join the poverty level ;I am forced to live on SSI and it will stop some day and than it to late to ask for help ;ROGER

          Roger D. Landry
          colbyroger@...
          8565 Sugar Pine Place
          Tomball, TX 77375

          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
            I talked to someone at peacecorpsconnect.org, and she was
            really enthusiastic and supportive. If nothing else, I
            can create the group and use it to point people to the
            right support group. -- Felicia

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
            • 1 Attachment
            • 324 KB
            Senator Dodd set a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mes they are creating .If i had 2 good legs I still be a valued person at the last job i had fixing over 500  PC in a Tech school .keep falling and they were worried about there insurance forced me to volunteer to retire

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1 6:07 AM
              Thanks, Felicia.

              If you start a group, please let me know its name and how to get to it. I've re-thought my position since my last message: While it would be nice to direct people here, there should be some actual content (at least on occasion) in the peacecorpsconnect community. That certainly would attract more attention--and hopefully keep it on people's radars.

              Thanks again,

              Kevin

              Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1 6:12 AM
                Roger,

                It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.

                Kevin

                --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

                > Senator Dodd sent a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mess they are creating ...
              • Roger Landry
                Message 8 of 16 , Jul 1 2:55 PM
                  Thank you for that i also asked his office what came of the request he sent and not any reply

                  Roger D. Landry
                  colbyroger@...
                  8565 Sugar Pine Place
                  Tomball, TX 77375

                  Message 9 of 16 , Jul 9 6:57 AM
                    The Peace Corps Director's Office called me to let me know that I should receive a response to my email within a week. It will be interesting to see Jody Olsen's take on what Peace Corps is doing for RPCVs who are having problems with OWCP.

                    --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <owcp2004@...> wrote:

                    > Roger,
                    >
                    > It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.
                    >
                    > Kevin
                  • Roger Landry
                    Message 10 of 16 , Jul 9 7:09 AM
                      thank you so much I do hope we get some help ;I just sent in another appeal to the DOL/OWCP .I had call them left a message, set a letter, an e-mail . got no reply, to be sure i was clear to send another up dated appeal /if not it will be denied  I also included all the bill that came from my fractured knee that i injured in the Peace corps in 1995 i am suer it will be denied with a reson I did not meet the burden of proof.
                      I have a trale of evedence that is 15 years long same problem.

                      Roger D. Landry
                      colbyroger@...
                      8565 Sugar Pine Place
                      Tomball, TX 77375