Contact Emails

  • OWCP Yahoo! Group
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
      That's an email for Kevin Quigley, the President of the National Peace Corps Association.

      The Acting Director of the Peace Corps is Dr. Jody Olsen.  Her email is jolsen@peacecorps.gov

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
        If you really want to do something that they can't ignore,
        why not go to the new RPCV social networking site
        (http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org/) and tactfully
        bring up the issue in one of the discussion groups.
        Clearly, getting nasty and accusatory is just going to
        make enemies. You could create a group for injured
        volunteers or something that would bring your issue to
        light without getting you kicked out. -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
          Hi Felicia,

          Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the site.

          Your suggestion is an excellent one. Do you want to take the lead? I would, but I already have too many irons in the fire.

          Kevin

          P.S. I certainly hope the "nasty and accusatory" comment wasn't directed at me.

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Felicia" <felicia@...> wrote:

          > If you really want to do something that they can't ignore,
          > why not go to the new RPCV social networking site
          > (http://community.peacecorpsconnect.org/) and tactfully
          > bring up the issue in one of the discussion groups.
          > Clearly, getting nasty and accusatory is just going to
          > make enemies. You could create a group for injured
          > volunteers or something that would bring your issue to
          > light without getting you kicked out. -- Felicia
        • Roger Landry
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 29, 2009
            not at all you did not build the system ,peopl like Senator Dodd who promise to help and them do nothing , so we best vote in our own peopl

            Roger D. Landry
            colbyroger@...
            8565 Sugar Pine Place
            Tomball, TX 77375

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
              > Hi Felicia,
              >
              > Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware of the site.
              >
              > Your suggestion is an excellent one. Do you want to take
              > the lead? I would, but I already have too many irons in
              > the fire.
              >
              > Kevin
              >
              > P.S. I certainly hope the "nasty and accusatory" comment
              > wasn't directed at me.

              I can't right now, as I'm not doing well and don't want to
              deal with it. As for my comment, no, it was not directed
              at anyone. However, I'm on other lists with people who
              have been injured while in government service and they can
              get really really angry (and rightly so). I just wanted
              to remind everyone that lashing out will make it harder
              for others to sympathize with us. Sorry if that came
              across as accusatory.

              Hmm, while I'm not sure if I want to start the group, I
              can certainly contact the site administrators and tell
              them that we are interested in starting such a group and
              see if I can get them to work with us. -- Felicia
            • Roger Landry
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                If i had the resources i had back east ; my injuries were set to the DOL/OWCP  for the last 15 years.It is in my records i have a damaged leg on my right side could not work back east the cold made me fall a lot .move to TX and living better not cold, but still fall and 3 months ago i fractured my knee and was in a wheel chare for 2 mounts .have bill i cant pay on a leg that the DOL has not settled on.sent them all the doctors reports and bills and got no reply.That why i am mad at the world .I was in good shape when i enlisted in the Peace Corps now i am just a cripel who cant pay his bills.Roger

                Roger D. Landry
                colbyroger@...
                8565 Sugar Pine Place
                Tomball, TX 77375

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                  I have sent a few e-mail to TV station hope they take an interest and it may be a start

                  Roger D. Landry
                  colbyroger@...
                  8565 Sugar Pine Place
                  Tomball, TX 77375

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                    Sorry to hear you're not doing well.

                    Maybe we don't need another group as much as we need to direct people
                    here. If/when I check out the community, I'll post a message there,
                    but I doubt it's going to happen anytime soon.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                      I look at it this way .If we want change it the same reason we joined the PC,we want to make other peopl live better ;now it our time to make our live better the PC cant keep tossing out all it broken peopl with out some sort of plan to make sure they do not have to join the poverty level ;I am forced to live on SSI and it will stop some day and than it to late to ask for help ;ROGER

                      Roger D. Landry
                      colbyroger@...
                      8565 Sugar Pine Place
                      Tomball, TX 77375

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                        I talked to someone at peacecorpsconnect.org, and she was
                        really enthusiastic and supportive. If nothing else, I
                        can create the group and use it to point people to the
                        right support group. -- Felicia

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 30, 2009
                        • 324 KB
                        Senator Dodd set a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mes they are creating .If i had 2 good legs I still be a valued person at the last job i had fixing over 500  PC in a Tech school .keep falling and they were worried about there insurance forced me to volunteer to retire

                        Roger D. Landry
                        colbyroger@...
                        8565 Sugar Pine Place
                        Tomball, TX 77375

                        Message 12 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                          Thanks, Felicia.

                          If you start a group, please let me know its name and how to get to it. I've re-thought my position since my last message: While it would be nice to direct people here, there should be some actual content (at least on occasion) in the peacecorpsconnect community. That certainly would attract more attention--and hopefully keep it on people's radars.

                          Thanks again,

                          Kevin

                          Message 13 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                            Roger,

                            It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.

                            Kevin

                            --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

                            > Senator Dodd sent a letter in 2008 and we were hoping it would have made the PC look in to the mess they are creating ...
                          • Roger Landry
                            Message 14 of 16 , Jul 1, 2009
                              Thank you for that i also asked his office what came of the request he sent and not any reply

                              Roger D. Landry
                              colbyroger@...
                              8565 Sugar Pine Place
                              Tomball, TX 77375

                              Message 15 of 16 , Jul 9, 2009
                                The Peace Corps Director's Office called me to let me know that I should receive a response to my email within a week. It will be interesting to see Jody Olsen's take on what Peace Corps is doing for RPCVs who are having problems with OWCP.

                                --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin" <owcp2004@...> wrote:

                                > Roger,
                                >
                                > It's interesting that you should mention Senator Dodd's letter to Peace Corps. On Monday, I sent an email to Acting Peace Corps Director Jody Olsen referencing that letter and asking her what action, if any, Peace Corps has taken in response to the Senator's request.
                                >
                                > Kevin
                              • Roger Landry
                                Message 16 of 16 , Jul 9, 2009
                                  thank you so much I do hope we get some help ;I just sent in another appeal to the DOL/OWCP .I had call them left a message, set a letter, an e-mail . got no reply, to be sure i was clear to send another up dated appeal /if not it will be denied  I also included all the bill that came from my fractured knee that i injured in the Peace corps in 1995 i am suer it will be denied with a reson I did not meet the burden of proof.
                                  I have a trale of evedence that is 15 years long same problem.

                                  Roger D. Landry
                                  colbyroger@...
                                  8565 Sugar Pine Place
                                  Tomball, TX 77375