Re: Retirement

  • skmackie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 25, 2009
      Did they decrease your worker's comp check when you began to collect SSI? If so, did they decrease it so that you were receiving the same amount that you would have had you stayed on WC?

      Thanks,

      Sheryl

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

      > I get a com Check and SSI also it depend on you age and how much you make the olde you get the more they allow
      >
      > Roger D. Landry
      >
      > colbyroger@...
      >
      > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
      >
      > Tomball, TX 77375

    • skmackie
      Message 2 of 7 , May 25, 2009
        Not a Peace Corps volunteer.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2009
          For me, since I'm under 65 I got Medicare when I applied for SSD but the OWCP, as minimal as it is, was greater than what the SS would have been so I got no income from SS, just the OWCP. It may be different for people over 65. I don't have a clue where one would get these answers.

          Nancy
        • Roger Landry
          Message 4 of 7 , May 25, 2009
            Call SSI 1800 772 1213 on a work day