Re: [owcp] Retirement

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2009
      I get a com Check and SSI also it depend on you age and how much you make the olde you get the more they allow

      Roger D. Landry
      colbyroger@...
      8565 Sugar Pine Place
      Tomball, TX 77375

      Message 2 of 7 , May 23, 2009
        Sheryl,

        Excellent questions and I don't have any answers. And what about people who may have been under age 65 in order to receive Medicare and SSD who receive Workers' Comp? By any chance are you a returned Peace Corps Volunteer?

        If anyone can answer these questions please join in! I'm sorry that I don't know, Sheryl.

        Nancy
      • skmackie
        Message 3 of 7 , May 25, 2009
          Did they decrease your worker's comp check when you began to collect SSI? If so, did they decrease it so that you were receiving the same amount that you would have had you stayed on WC?

          Thanks,

          Sheryl

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

          > I get a com Check and SSI also it depend on you age and how much you make the olde you get the more they allow
          >
          > Roger D. Landry
          >
          > colbyroger@...
          >
          > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
          >
          > Tomball, TX 77375

        • skmackie
          Message 4 of 7 , May 25, 2009
            Not a Peace Corps volunteer.

            Message 5 of 7 , May 25, 2009
              For me, since I'm under 65 I got Medicare when I applied for SSD but the OWCP, as minimal as it is, was greater than what the SS would have been so I got no income from SS, just the OWCP. It may be different for people over 65. I don't have a clue where one would get these answers.

              Nancy
            • Roger Landry
              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2009
                Call SSI 1800 772 1213 on a work day