Retirement

  • skmackie
    Message 1 of 7 , May 23, 2009
      What would happen with my workers comp claim should I start collecting social security? WC would pay me more than SS.

      Would my worker's comp check be discontinued? Would WC compensate me for the difference between what WC pays me and what SS would pay me? Would I get paid WC and SS at the same time?

      Thanks from Sheryl
    • Roger Landry
      Message 2 of 7 , May 23, 2009
        I get a com Check and SSI also it depend on you age and how much you make the olde you get the more they allow

        Roger D. Landry
        colbyroger@...
        8565 Sugar Pine Place
        Tomball, TX 77375

        Message 3 of 7 , May 23, 2009
          Sheryl,

          Excellent questions and I don't have any answers. And what about people who may have been under age 65 in order to receive Medicare and SSD who receive Workers' Comp? By any chance are you a returned Peace Corps Volunteer?

          If anyone can answer these questions please join in! I'm sorry that I don't know, Sheryl.

          Nancy
        • skmackie
          Message 4 of 7 , May 25, 2009
            Did they decrease your worker's comp check when you began to collect SSI? If so, did they decrease it so that you were receiving the same amount that you would have had you stayed on WC?

            Thanks,

            Sheryl

            --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Roger Landry <colbyroger@...> wrote:

            > I get a com Check and SSI also it depend on you age and how much you make the olde you get the more they allow
            >
            > Roger D. Landry
            >
            > colbyroger@...
            >
            > 8565 Sugar Pine Place
            >
            > Tomball, TX 77375

          • skmackie
            Message 5 of 7 , May 25, 2009
              Not a Peace Corps volunteer.

              Message 6 of 7 , May 25, 2009
                For me, since I'm under 65 I got Medicare when I applied for SSD but the OWCP, as minimal as it is, was greater than what the SS would have been so I got no income from SS, just the OWCP. It may be different for people over 65. I don't have a clue where one would get these answers.

                Nancy
              • Roger Landry
                Message 7 of 7 , May 25, 2009
                  Call SSI 1800 772 1213 on a work day