Re: venting

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004

      The staff member in a Congressional office who assists constituents
      in dealing with federal agencies is called a caseworker (at least I
      believe that's the correct term). Every time I've contacted a
      Senator or Representative such a staff member has been assigned to
      my case. As I've noted previously, some caseworkers are more
      effective than others.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@a... wrote:
      > Kevin,
      > What do you mean by Congressional caseworker? I have a USDOL
      claims examiner
      > and when I've had Congress helping me (ie: Mario Cuomo in NY in
      the 1980's and
      > McCain in AZ in the 90's, I've never had a caseworker, per se. The
      best I got
      > was that I would send the senate the bills or forms to USDOL and
      they would
      > send them on and mostly they got paid. I never
      actually "dialogued" with

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004

        I thought that was what you meant but I've never actually been assigned a person with whom I deal directly in any state I've sought congressional help. Wonder if Hillary Clinton will come through here. Still waiting, as usual.