A Tarnished Badge Of Honor/Book

  • Roger Landry
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
      Dear Volunteers, I am a member of the OWCP group for over 15 years
      living with a life altering disability.
      I am writing a book, it is all most finished. The book is of my time
      as a volunteer and my coming home to no help and not know the time
      limits on filing a clam. Spend time trying to cope with my disability;
      Coming home to nothing: had to live with friends and find help from
      state agencies.
      When I did relies I was not informed on how the rules were, I had let
      my injuries run my life .No member of the Peace Corps stop in to help
      in any way.
      We got to other countries and help but once we get to the USA we are
      damaged good and no one is there to make sure we do the right thing.
      I need you stories on how you are dealing with the same bad situation.
      Pleas contact me at Colbyroger@..., and pleas look at my web
      page at Colbyroger.cafe150.com.
      Thank you
    • Kenn Miller
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
        HI,

        I filed  claim, it was denied once I mentioned I took lariam.  They were paying my claim when it was just a bike accident.  They turned very nasty towards me and actually used brutal words towards me.  I have no hope for this country anymore, they do not take care of their own.

        Kenn

        Pleas contact me at Colbyroger@yahoo. com, and pleas look at my web

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 11, 2008
          I had a Congressman who was on the ways and means comity His Name was Neal and i had filed claims for over 6 years with a lawyer  and got no ware ,gave it to Congressman Neals office and the OWCP accepted it and i got my back pay this was in 2001,it was 2005 before i got the to give me 7%disability and that is what i am fighting now .you will not get retired you can get out of bed may be. but if you a postal employe a wood sliver will get you retired ;They have a union and a lawyer we do not, we have to stop the PC from trasing peopl and looking for a one who is not broken .they have to learn to fix up what they break

          Roger D. Landry
          colbyroger@...
          8565 Sugar Pine Place
          Tomball, TX 77375