Re: [owcp] Letter to Senator Klobuchar.......

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2008
      > If you want your name on the letter I wrote to Senator
      > Klobuchar of Minnesota, please e-mail your name and
      > address to me or the group.

      I'm not from Minnesota - does that matter?
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008

        No it does not matter.  The constituent advocate in Senator Klobuchar's office told me that if it is a national issue, Senator Klobuchar will consider it with other Senators as long as we have a number of signatures.  We said about 30 or 40 when we talked.   The same letter can be sent to other Senators with the same signatures.  What is more important is that we get signatures from a variety of government employees and military.

        > If you want your name on the letter I wrote to Senator
        > Klobuchar of Minnesota, please e-mail your name and
        > address to me or the group.

        I'm not from Minnesota - does that matter?

      • Christine Link
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
          Yes, please include my name and address (if it isn't already on there):

          Christine Berna Link
          RPCV Kenya 1998-2000

          USAG Heidelberg
          CMR 419 Box 367
          APO AE 09102

          (DC Resident)

          Thanks, Andrew!

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
            I added your name.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
              Just for clarification: This is the Lariam-specific letter, correct?

              Thanks!

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
                Yes, it is Lariam specific.  The constituent advocate in Senator Klobuchar's office, Greg Swanholm, told me that if I could get a letter with signatures from thirty or forty government and military employees to him that Senator Klobuchar could do something about the Lariam issue.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 14, 2008

                  Do you want to sign the Lariam specific letter?