Re: [owcp] Questions for the Group #2

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4 11:10 PM

      Since I am getting NO help from  Hillary Clinton, how do we go about reaching out to these folks? Sorry for the long delay in responding from mid-March
      Nancy

      Subj:[owcp] Questions for the Group
      Date:3/17/2004 8:30:13 AM Eastern Standard Time
      From:rpcv@...
      Reply-to:owcp@yahoogroups.com
      To:owcp@yahoogroups.com
      Sent from the Internet

      It would be useful to know some basic information about each other.
      Unless you are uncomfortable doing so out of privacy concerns, I
      would encourage you to post your first name, state of residence, and
      zip code.  I'm trying to get a handle on our Senators and
      Representatives.

      From what little I know at this point, we are fortunate enough to
      have three members who have Senators on the Committee for Health,
      Education, Labor, and Pensions, which has oversight authority for
      the Dept. of Labor.  The Senators are Judd Gregg, NH (Chair of the
      Committee); Hillary Clinton, NY; and Jim Jeffords, VT.

      Contacting that Committee about our concerns is an avenue we might
      want to pursue.

      Kevin
      New Hampshire
      03741

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5 4:08 PM

        I was hoping to have more members in our Yahoo group than we
        currently have before going to the Senate Committee for Health,
        Education, Labor, and Pensions.

        If you want to contact the Committee, either individually or as a
        group, I'd be happy to facilitate that in any way I can.

        What happens when you call Senator Clinton's office? Do they refuse
        to talk to you?

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5 10:07 PM

          I just got this listserv posted on the NY RPCV group website today so maybe more will come out of the woodwork. I'd like to have more, too.

          Working on photocopying all my stuff just now as I'm going to be in the neighborhood of the USDOL NY office tomorrow and will hand deliver everything for the 9th time.