re: venting

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2004
      What do you mean by Congressional caseworker? I have a USDOL claims examiner and when I've had Congress helping me (ie: Mario Cuomo in NY in the 1980's and McCain in AZ in the 90's, I've never had a caseworker, per se. The best I got was that I would send the senate the bills or forms to USDOL and they would send them on and mostly they got paid. I never actually "dialogued" with anyone. And I can't even get a response from Hillary Clinton's office. So, I'm eager to hear who you're working with and on what level and sorry to hear that the process is so slow. I haven't had bills paid at ALL since ACS took over.

      From 3/17/04
      I just got the following note from my Congressional caseworker:

      "Kevin:  OWCP is blaming their contractor and the Contractor is
      blaming OWCP. We have contacted the Dept. of Labor in DC asking that
      they get involved. I am awaiting their response ..."

      On the surface, what she says sounds reasonable.  However, it's been
      nearly 3 months since she contacted DC.  Sometimes I think I have to
      prod my Congressional office to get anything done.  Does anyone else
      share my frustrations?

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004

        The staff member in a Congressional office who assists constituents
        in dealing with federal agencies is called a caseworker (at least I
        believe that's the correct term). Every time I've contacted a
        Senator or Representative such a staff member has been assigned to
        my case. As I've noted previously, some caseworkers are more
        effective than others.

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2004

          I thought that was what you meant but I've never actually been assigned a person with whom I deal directly in any state I've sought congressional help. Wonder if Hillary Clinton will come through here. Still waiting, as usual.