Re: [owcp] Re: medical separation question

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 14, 2008
      Let's assume that the OWCP doesn't end up paying for
      doctors because they don't take the "insurance". If you
      can't work, you still get compensation for that. --
      Felicia

    • RPCVLAJarvis@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 15, 2008
        The only piece of advice I have is to sit and link all events and follow up doctor visits and everything related to this.  They might tell you that it has been a 1 1/2 years since you separated and they might tell you that it is two separate illnesses.  They might say you got the lyme disease after you got back and what happened in the PC was a different illness.  It happened to me with sinus and lung issues.  I had to go back and prove that it was still the same illness and never properly treated by PC in country then in DC before medically separating me.  It was a long fight, but I fought and won.  I had a medical time line to prove I never got "better" which they kept saying I did.

        Best of luck!
        : )
        --LJ
        RPCV: EC70