Re: [owcp] New to group

  • Q83646@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
      I know a Marine who had a severe reaction to the Malaria drug. The MC tested his blood and it showed a reaction. However, they continued to give him the shots to his detriment. By the way, the VA never gave him a rating on the issue.

      I am interested in speaking with a RPCV who had a reaction to the anti-
      malarial drug, Lariam.

    • Donald Weaks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
        You are an idiot and should not be allowed to
        contribute to this site. Larium, doxy and most other
        malaria meds are oral. Where did you come up with this
        b.s?

        HELP FIGHT HIV and AIDS in AFRICA. Visit our website at www.hthglobal.org and make a tax deductible contribution to: Hope Through Health, PO Box 605, Medway, MA 02053-0605

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
          Hey, that kind of talk is uncalled for. Please note, this
          list isn't for Lariam sufferers, it is for the OWCP. --
          Felicia

          > You are an idiot and should not be allowed to
          > contribute to this site. Larium, doxy and most other
          > malaria meds are oral. Where did you come up with this
          > b.s?
          > --- Q83646@... wrote:
          >
          >> I know a Marine who had a severe reaction to the
          >> Malaria drug. The MC tested his blood and it showed
          >> a reaction. However, they continued to give him the
          >> shots to his detriment. By the way, the VA never
          >> gave him a rating on the issue.
          >>

          >> ?Q

        • Leonore Adams
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
            maybe she's on larium.

            To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
            From: felicia@...
            Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 19:40:31 -0800
            Subject: Re: [owcp] New to group

            Hey, that kind of talk is uncalled for. Please note, this
            list isn't for Lariam sufferers, it is for the OWCP. --
            Felicia

            > You are an idiot and should not be allowed to
            > contribute to this site. Larium, doxy and most other
            > malaria meds are oral. Where did you come up with this
            > b.s?
            > --- Q83646@... wrote:
            >
            >> I know a Marine who had a severe reaction to the
            >> Malaria drug. The MC tested his blood and it showed
            >> a reaction. However, they continued to give him the
            >> shots to his detriment. By the way, the VA never
            >> gave him a rating on the issue.
            >>

            >> ?Q

            Make distant family not so distant with Windows Vista® + Windows Live™. Start now!
          • Q83646@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
              from medical records...

              Now, let us not get personal and call each other names...unless of course your brain has been affected by what ever drugs you are on, in which case...I get it. Rock on.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 14, 2008
                Thank you Felicia. I hope my response to this person did not offend anyone.

                I am new to the site. I want to clarify that I am in the OWCP....but I read a lot about the Peace Corp. I am in the wrong acronym? What is OWCP to you?

                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 15, 2008
                  No, probably not. But I was. -- Felicia