Re: disability retirement

  • pastrc
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
      Hi gogo

      The nurse has no business saying that to your doctor!!!!!

      You cannot be forced to retire!!!!! That is your decision to make!
      Go to federalworkerscomp.net
      Read all you can & join the list if you want.

      If you are not able to recover enough to do your job after one year-
      it may be more-You Will NOT Be Out of Work!!!!! If you are partially
      disabled for work PO must make a "suitable job offer" within your
      medical restrictions. Make sure you know the requirements of
      a "suitable job offer," and read about "Return to Work" in the CA-
      810, EL-505, & ELM. If you are able to work some hours, OWCP must
      pay the remainder. The comp will pay either 66 2/3, or 75% of your
      salary if you have dependents.

      If you are totally disabled for work, comp pays.

      Laurie

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, sanjogta marwaha <sanjogtam@y...> wrote:
      > Hi, I am a postal worker and hurt on the job. I am disabled since
      july 2003. OWCP has assigned a nurse and she told my doctor that if
      this is a long term disability, I should go on disability
      retirement. My question is, is this the best option. Is that true
      if I donot go back to work in one year post office is not obligated
      to keep my job and I will be out of work. Any help will be
      appreciated. thanks.