Re: [owcp] QTC

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
      I had both okay and bad experiences. The first set of
      evaluations were okay, although I had to drive a couple
      hundred miles which was a giant pain. The second time
      both appointments were in a different city from where I
      live. That time I stood up for myself and said that I
      don't have a car and it is dangerous for me to drive
      alone. I still had to go, though. The first doctor was
      okay, but the psychologist they had scheduled canceled and
      they wanted me to come back the next day. When I told
      them that I couldn't because the strain would be too much
      for me, they found some absolutely terrible psychiatrist
      who got in a giant fight with me about how terrible it was
      that I didn't want children. She ended up basing her
      entire evaluation on that. After I saw a
      neuropsychologist on my own, the requests for second
      opinion evaluations stopped. We'll see if any more show
      up this summer. I'm tempted to complain and refuse an
      evaluation if the doctor appears so incompetent that their
      evaluation will do me more harm than good. Anyway, those
      are my thoughts. -- Felicia