QTC

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
      To everyone:

      Have you had any experience—good, bad, or otherwise—with QTC? QTC
      Medical Services is a company that OWCP uses to schedule and conduct
      independent medical examinations.

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 12, 2008
        I had both okay and bad experiences. The first set of
        evaluations were okay, although I had to drive a couple
        hundred miles which was a giant pain. The second time
        both appointments were in a different city from where I
        live. That time I stood up for myself and said that I
        don't have a car and it is dangerous for me to drive
        alone. I still had to go, though. The first doctor was
        okay, but the psychologist they had scheduled canceled and
        they wanted me to come back the next day. When I told
        them that I couldn't because the strain would be too much
        for me, they found some absolutely terrible psychiatrist
        who got in a giant fight with me about how terrible it was
        that I didn't want children. She ended up basing her
        entire evaluation on that. After I saw a
        neuropsychologist on my own, the requests for second
        opinion evaluations stopped. We'll see if any more show
        up this summer. I'm tempted to complain and refuse an
        evaluation if the doctor appears so incompetent that their
        evaluation will do me more harm than good. Anyway, those
        are my thoughts. -- Felicia