Re: [owcp] Re: New to Group

  • Jennifer Giacomini
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2008
      I was brainstorming with my family over the holidays about this group and ways to get, well, anything to happen.  Someone mentioned trying to team up with other organizations already lobbying the OWCP for their people.  The only one I can think of is the Veterans Affairs, but I was just on the website and saw that it is indeed a government agency and therefore probably not ideal.

      Does anyone have any ideas on an entity or other similar groups working towards the same goals:  equality and activity in OWCP claims?
      Jen Giacomini
      RPCV Togo '99-'01

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2008
        Hi Jen,

        This is a good idea. If anyone knows of other groups doing similar
        work, I for one would like to hear about them. My take is that, for
        good or bad, we are the pioneers in this area.

        Veterans have service organizations that are unaffiliated with the
        VA. However, when they're assisting veterans with medical issues,
        they are dealing with the VA healthcare system, not OWCP.

        Too few people are willing to take on OWCP, especially the Bush
        OWCP. I think that's one reason why most of our elected
        representatives have been unwilling to assist our group.

        Kevin

        P.S. Another comment about the Bush OWCP: It really gripes me that
        the current Secretary of Labor, Elaine Chao, is a former Peace Corps
        Director and we still get treated the way we do!

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Jennifer Giacomini <jengiacomini@...>