Re: disability retirement

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004

      I've also announced our group in employment law/federal employee
      websites, so it's no surprise (to me) that non-RPCVs are joining
      us. Many current and former federal employees are having the same
      difficulties with OWCP as we are. I think we can all learn from--
      and support--each other.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@a... wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I saw your email on the listserv and unfortunately, this group is
      new and we
      > are returned Peace Corps volunteers dealing with issues regarding
      working to
      > help one another obtain medical benefits for Peace Corps-related
      > illnesses/injuries. I have never come across the issue you
      present. I am doubtful that any
      > of us can address this for you. Since we are mostly advertising in
      Peace Corps

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2004

        Oh, it's great that you've announced this elsewhere. Pardon my ignorance and I am happy to share! This will be announced in the NY RPCV group on email next week.

        Nancy
      • pastrc
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2004
          Hi gogo

          The nurse has no business saying that to your doctor!!!!!

          You cannot be forced to retire!!!!! That is your decision to make!
          Go to federalworkerscomp.net
          Read all you can & join the list if you want.

          If you are not able to recover enough to do your job after one year-
          it may be more-You Will NOT Be Out of Work!!!!! If you are partially
          disabled for work PO must make a "suitable job offer" within your
          medical restrictions. Make sure you know the requirements of
          a "suitable job offer," and read about "Return to Work" in the CA-
          810, EL-505, & ELM. If you are able to work some hours, OWCP must
          pay the remainder. The comp will pay either 66 2/3, or 75% of your
          salary if you have dependents.

          If you are totally disabled for work, comp pays.

          Laurie

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, sanjogta marwaha <sanjogtam@y...> wrote:
          > Hi, I am a postal worker and hurt on the job. I am disabled since
          july 2003. OWCP has assigned a nurse and she told my doctor that if
          this is a long term disability, I should go on disability
          retirement. My question is, is this the best option. Is that true
          if I donot go back to work in one year post office is not obligated
          to keep my job and I will be out of work. Any help will be
          appreciated. thanks.