Re: Message not approved: Having Problems with the PC Medical Office or the Dept. of Labor?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2007
      Dear Heather,

      Thank you for your reply.  I understand that as the moderator of the RPCV Network, you have final say as to what appears--and does not appear--in your Group.

      However, I am asking you to reconsider posting our announcement about the OWCP Yahoo! Group.

      The description of your Group reads (in part):

      In addition to job ads, members may post questions concerning specific organizations and contact information and discuss job hunt strategies, interview techniques and networking information. Other related topics may be posted as well (i.e. questions concerning returning to the U.S., questions about moving to and living in specific cities, housing advice, etc).

      What is more important to an RPCV who is returning to the U.S. with an injury or illness than getting appropriate medical care from Peace Corps or the U.S. Department of Labor?  And obtaining support from other RPCVs who share their experiences and concerns?

      Thank you for reconsidering.

      Sincerely,

      On behalf of the OWCP Yahoo! Group

      Kevin Clark
      RPCV/Yemen

      P.S.  The OWCP Yahoo! Group is an online community composed mainly of RPCVS.  We are now nearly about 100 strong--and growing.

      Heather Groome <rpcvmod@...> wrote:
      Dear Kevin,

      The RPCV Network listserv only post job, housing, and education
      opportunities. We are unable to post your message.

      Sincerely,

      Returned Volunteer Services