Treatment

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2007
      Why are you seeing the doctor? Would you please tell me what you are
      being treated for after you left The Peace Corps?

      I need to know the diagnosis of why you are seeing a doctor. The
      diagnosis you give me will enable a poll to be written up in this
      group. The diagnosis will be mentioned, but the person will not be
      mentioned in the poll.

      I'm sorry for asking these questions, but I want to know what is going
      on. Please write me directly or reply to me in this group.

      The only way I can find answers is to ask questions.

      Jay
      RPCV Ecuador 90-92
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2007
        Hi Jay,

        I'm not sure why you are interested in this information, but the way
        you are going about obtaining it is sending up red flags. I'm sure
        you can appreciate that one's medical history contains confidential--
        and sometimes sensitive--information.

        If you want to conduct a poll, that is your prerogative (except that
        I have final say as to what appears in this Yahoo! group), but I
        would suggest that:

        1) The poll reside in your group rather than in this one (you may put
        a link here);

        2) You use the Yahoo! Polls feature and select anonymous polling
        (i.e., choose "Do not display voter identity" under options); and

        3) You ask the respondent whether his or her work-related condition
        is an Injury or Illness. If you want more information, you might
        consider adding sub-categories under Illness (Respiratory,
        Neurological, Digestive, etc.).

        Bottom line: I'm suggesting that you keep your poll anonymous and
        general enough that it doesn't feel unduly invasive.

        Kevin

        P.S. Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or want
        assistance in designing your poll.