Re: What am I supposed to do?

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2007
      Also, be sure to document every discussion that you have with Peace
      Corps. Based on some recent contact that I've had with OMS, I'm
      convinced that they are sloppy, misinformed and, in the case of one
      nurse case manager, dishonest!

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, RPCVLAJarvis@... wrote:

      > Also, make sure you keep going to the doctor. PC likes to pull
      the "you
      > were fine and didn't see anyone for a week, if it was that bad then
      you would
      > have seen someone." I heard that so many times. Cause then they
      turn to, "you
      > were fine for that week, so this illness must have happened in the
      states
      > and that is not our issue, you are on your own." Please, please
      keep seeing
      > someone and have doctors document everything! It is your only way
      out. I
      > ended up keeping a 2 inch binder of everthing! I can't tell you
      how helpful this
      > was for me. Also ASAP get your PCMO's records. It is really
      interesting
      > reading those, half my stuff was never documented, but there was
      enough there
      > to help my case. It is a really long road, but it does end. You
      just have to
      > be strong and plow through it. I broke a huge glass window one
      day after
      > fighting with PC for hours and hours on the phone. At the end of
      the phone
      > call I threw the phone and it went through the window to the
      street. Yes, it
      > will be frustrating, but you are more important than any of this.
      Take care of

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2007
        In a message dated 11/17/2007 5:42:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, owcp2004@... writes:
        Also, be sure to document every discussion that you have with Peace
        Corps. Based on some recent contact that I've had with OMS, I'm
        convinced that they are sloppy, misinformed and, in the case of one
        nurse case manager, dishonest!
        Yes, This is really important! Keep ledgers of everything said.