Re: OWCP problems

  • RPCVLAJarvis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2007
      Also, make sure you keep going to the doctor.  PC likes to pull the "you were fine and didn't see anyone for a week, if it was that bad then you would have seen someone."  I heard that so many times.  Cause then they turn to, "you were fine for that week, so this illness must have happened in the states and that is not our issue, you are on your own."  Please, please keep seeing someone and have doctors document everything!  It is your only way out.  I ended up keeping a 2 inch binder of everthing!  I can't tell you how helpful this was for me.  Also ASAP get your PCMO's records.  It is really interesting reading those, half my stuff was never documented, but there was enough there to help my case.  It is a really long road, but it does end.  You just have to be strong and plow through it.  I broke a huge glass window one day after fighting with PC for hours and hours on the phone.  At the end of the phone call I threw the phone and it went through the window to the street.  Yes, it will be frustrating, but you are more important than any of this.  Take care of yourself and do all you can for you.

      Best of luck!
      --Lauralee

      ps where in CT, I might be able to help.  I have family in the medical profession there, plus it is where I ended up after PC...I was too sick to live on my own and stayed with my mom for months before I could return home to LA.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 17, 2007
        Also, be sure to document every discussion that you have with Peace
        Corps. Based on some recent contact that I've had with OMS, I'm
        convinced that they are sloppy, misinformed and, in the case of one
        nurse case manager, dishonest!

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 17, 2007
          In a message dated 11/17/2007 5:42:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, owcp2004@... writes:
          Also, be sure to document every discussion that you have with Peace
          Corps. Based on some recent contact that I've had with OMS, I'm
          convinced that they are sloppy, misinformed and, in the case of one
          nurse case manager, dishonest!
          Yes, This is really important! Keep ledgers of everything said.