Re: Why don't RPCVs get adequate Medical Coverage for events which h

  • RPCVLAJarvis@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2007
      Good luck with the lawyer.  Not to bring you down, but when I returned I did the same and talked to many lawyers.  All came back with the same thing saying that it is next to impossible to sue for these issues and none would do it.  Hopefully you have found that one, the one that can find that loop hole and be able to take PC to court.

      I too am sorry you are going through it.  I did the same and put all the medical bills on my credit card, as they had told me to do saying they would pay them all, and then they refused to pay them or if they paid them it was at a 1/4 of the cost.  It's a long road, but I'm telling you keep jumping through their hoops and talking/documenting everything you can.  My senator helped me out and eventually I got all my money back.  Of course I will forever have lung and sinus issues because I wasn't treated properly for 8 months.  PC kept saying it was a psych issue, not a physical illness and if I could figure out why I was unhappy I would get better.  In the end it took over 2 months of heavy duty antibiotics to make me better, but I will forever have issues because of PC incompetence.

      We feel your pain and hope you are feeling physically better!  Keep fighting, it's worth it!  : )

      --Lauralee