Regarding my lawsuit against the US Peace Corps. . .

  • Michael Riegelman
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2007

      as'Salaam 3'liykum

      Hello everyone, and thanks for your message Nancy. I had spoken to a lawyer briefly on the telephone, with the Legal Aid Fund, who seemed very interested in looking into my case further. However, I then got Extremely Busy and never followed up. HOWEVER, it would seem to me that if anyone else is going through a similar situation, that you should get in touch with me, so that we can discuss, as I'm more than certain that we have a case, if indeed we wanted to pursue it. All my contact information is below.

      Youm sa'id (have a nice day, in Arabic)

      -- Michael Kim 'Jamal' Riegelman

      Force Generation Service
      Department of Peacekeeping Operations
      UNITAR Building (U-204B)
      Office (917) 367-9596
      Cell (347) 523-3937
      Riegelman@...

      FourDirect@...
      Sent by: owcp@yahoogroups.com

      14/11/2007 07:19 PM

      Please respond to
      owcp@yahoogroups.com

      owcp@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      Re: [owcp] Why don't RPCVs get adequate Medical Coverage for events which hap...

      I'm so sorry you're going through this. Oh, yes, we are many, unfortunately. I have been dealing with paying thousands and thousands up front and just trying to survive for many years and never cease fighting to get reimbursed. It is a more exhausting struggle than being ill.

      I'd like to hear more about the possibility of a lawsuit. I seem to feel that we aren't eligible because our employing agency is the Feds, etc... Keep us informed.

      Nancy
      NYC