Re: Important: PLEASE READ (and Respond, if possible)

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
      Hi Felicia,

      There are a number of ways to document our issues. The one that is
      preferred by Senator Dodd's office is a paper trail; i.e., letters from
      Peace Corps (and/or OWCP) that demonstrate the agency's unwillingness
      or inability to help us. If letters are unavailable, or fail to show
      the whole picture, then written accounts of our experiences would be
      helpful. This anecdotal approach is best if it is detailed, on point,
      and supported by contemporaneous documents (e.g., notes taken while
      talking to OMS, claims examiners, etc.).

      The bottom line: Provide what you can. Even if it is limited, it is
      vastly better than nothing at all.

      What you've written below is helpful, and I will forward it to Josh in
      Senator Dodd's office. If you could elaborate on "Peace Corps doesn't
      like to deal with [the Lariam issue]," that would be wonderful. For
      example: Who did you speak with at Peace Corps? When? What did they
      say? Did they help you in any way? Were they willing to advocate for
      you when you were dealing with OWCP? (And anything else that you think
      is relevant.)

      Thank you.

      Kevin