Re: Important: PLEASE READ (and Respond, if possible)

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
      Hi Andy,

      This appeal for information has little to do with my personal case.
      Rather, I'm trying to respond to Senator Dodd's request for
      documentation from all of us that demonstrates how unresponsive Peace
      Corps (and OWCP) is to our needs.

      I'll expand on this in my upcoming reply to Felicia.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

      > Kevin,
      >
      > Have you tried the Inspector General of the Department of Labor.
      Their e-mail address is: hotline@... and their phone number is: 1-
      800-347-3756. I had limited success in getting my claim expidited.

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 13, 2007
        Hi Felicia,

        There are a number of ways to document our issues. The one that is
        preferred by Senator Dodd's office is a paper trail; i.e., letters from
        Peace Corps (and/or OWCP) that demonstrate the agency's unwillingness
        or inability to help us. If letters are unavailable, or fail to show
        the whole picture, then written accounts of our experiences would be
        helpful. This anecdotal approach is best if it is detailed, on point,
        and supported by contemporaneous documents (e.g., notes taken while
        talking to OMS, claims examiners, etc.).

        The bottom line: Provide what you can. Even if it is limited, it is
        vastly better than nothing at all.

        What you've written below is helpful, and I will forward it to Josh in
        Senator Dodd's office. If you could elaborate on "Peace Corps doesn't
        like to deal with [the Lariam issue]," that would be wonderful. For
        example: Who did you speak with at Peace Corps? When? What did they
        say? Did they help you in any way? Were they willing to advocate for
        you when you were dealing with OWCP? (And anything else that you think
        is relevant.)

        Thank you.

        Kevin