Document, document, document

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2007

      Just a reminder: Be sure to carefully document any conversations that you have about your case (who you spoke with, when, the gist of the discussion, etc.). This is especially important when dealing with the Office of Medical Services (OMS).

      I've become aware of two recent events where OMS has given out erroneous information: 1. Peace Corps' Office of Congressional Relations provided Senator Gregg with details of my case which were patently false. The source of the misinformation was reportedly OMS. 2. A staff member of the Post Service Unit of OMS attributed a statement to Scott Saxman, MD, the Peace Corps Medical Director. Dr. Saxman subsequently denied that he had ever said such a thing.

      So, please document, document, document.