Re: periodic reviews

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
      I wish I could help. I've been in the "system" for 25 years, and I
      have never been subjected to a periodic review form.

      My suggestion would be to contact the Post Service Unit of Peace
      Corps' Office of Medical Services. They can be reached at 800-424-
      8580, ext. 1540. Helping you to properly complete the form would
      certainly be a reasonable thing for them to do. I've had a couple
      recent conversations with the Post Service Unit and they assure me
      that obtaining the highest quality of health care for RPCVs is one of
      their priorities.

      If you decide to call the Post Service Unit, please feel free to let
      them know that you are a member of an online community of RPCVs with
      FECA claims (they're aware of us); and be sure to let us know how it
      goes.

      Good luck!

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, "dropjohn2" <dropjohn@...> wrote:

      > I recently received one of these delightful forms from OWCP - I'm
      sure
      > most of you are painfully familiar with them. I've got several
      > questions around this and am hoping someone with more experience
      might
      > be able to give their educated guess or their own experience.
      >
      > What's the normal timing for these? Right now, it's looking as
      though
      > I'll be getting one a year (went through this just last year), just
      > be sure I haven't experienced a miracle cure. [I'm at "medical end
      > point" according to the doctors they use - a spinal injury that
      > occurred during service, and that is no longer considered operable.
      > don't receive any treatment for this at present, because there
      really
      > is no treatment - other than taking heavy pain meds, which obviously
      > present their own challenges in a work environment. No onr likes a
      > drooler! From my previous experience, I'll go to my primary and be
      > referred for work capacity tests; spend a day being tested to
      > destruction, and get the same results as before.
      wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
      > Pardon my lack of joy.]
      >
      > Has anyone had any luck getting help in filling out the non medical
      > part of the form? The closest district office is in Boston, and I
      > usually end up in voice mail hell, followed by phone tag, followed
      by
      > 'I'm not sure, let me check and get back to you' reality. There are
      > couple of what I see as potentially tricky questions I'd like to be
      > sure I'm answering correctly according to their esoteric protocol.
      The

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 15, 2007
        Yeah, I wish I could help too. I had a couple of years of
        medical reviews, but didn't get one this summer (even
        though the last psychiatrist said I was a big fat liar).
        I have never gotten the non-medical form, although I do
        get the regular "are you making any extra money?" form. I
        think the trick for me was seeing a better doctor than
        they sent me to who did more tests and generated more
        paperwork. Neuropsychologist just sounds cooler than
        psychiatrist. I'm going to try going to the
        neuropsychologist on a yearly basis to chart my progress
        and hopefully that will keep the medical evaluations away.

        Good luck with all your forms. -- Felicia