Re: PLEASE READ: If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson ...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
      Andy,

      Thanks for the update. I'm heartened to hear that Senator
      Klobuchar's office is following up.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

      > I followed up with Senator Klobuchar's office of Minnesota and they
      were very helpful. They were able to locate the letter in their
      office in Washington D.C. and said that they would get back to me.
      They referred me to their Minnesota office where they asked me to
      sign a release, to describe my individual concerns about the issue I
      am writing, and to have my issue looked into in more detail. They
      were not trying to hide and the person I talked to seemed sympathetic.

      > I called Senator Coleman's office (Minnesota) in Washington D.C.
      and got his answering service and left a message. I'm not sure
      whether or not to attribute the difference in responses to the
      difference in political parties (Senator Klobuchar is a Democrat and
      Senator Coleman is a Republican), but I have a feeling that is the
      case.

      > Andy Sterioff
    • susan murray
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007

        Kevin et all,

        I am presently in Belize and will let you know when I return  home if any of the Oregon Senators or Congresswoman replied to my letter.

        Thanks,
        Sue

        To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
        From: owcp2004@...
        Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 12:46:09 +0000
        Subject: [owcp] PLEASE READ: If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson ...

        If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson, please provide me
        with the following as soon as possible:

        1. Have you received any response?

        2. If not, have you followed up?

        3. If you have not received a response, do you plan to follow up?

        Thank you.

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
          Wonderful.

          Hope you're having a great time in Belize.