Re: Senator or Congressperson...

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2007

      That is good news. Hopefully now that the letters have reached the
      DC office, things will continue to progress at a steady pace.

      I am surprised that it usually takes 2-3 months for your Members of
      Congress to reply to you. Senator Gregg's office always replies to
      me within 2 to 3 days, if only to acknowledge receipt of my letter
      and to let me know that they're dealing with it.

      I'm not totally discouraged, but I think we need to keep pushing on.
      In particular, if people really want to involve the media, this may
      be the time. We don't want our letters to be "stale" when the media
      begins asking questions of OWCP, Peace Corps, and Members of Congress.

      Kevin

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@... wrote:

      > Okay folks - a little good news. There was a message on my
      answering machine
      > yesterday from my liaison at the NY office of Senator Schumer and
      she said
      > that they had received the letter (Kevin's letter with my cover)
      and that the
      > issue was of "importance" to the senator and that she had had to
      forward the
      > material to the DC office. They will be looking into the matter and
      will reply
      > to this NY liaison and she will keep me apprised of their
      progress.

      > So, I am impressed. His office has been submitting my unpaid bills
      to OWCP
      > for a few years on my behalf but this is the first they seem
      interested in
      > actually looking into the more general issues.
      >
      > Unfortunately, I had sent the earlier draft of Kevin's letter that
      had fewer
      > signatures and was lacking the second signature from the other NY
      RPCV but