Re: [owcp] PLEASE READ: If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson ...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
      I followed up with Senator Klobuchar's office of Minnesota and they were very helpful.  They were able to locate the letter in their office in Washington D.C. and said that they would get back to me.  They referred me to their Minnesota office where they asked me to sign a release, to describe my individual concerns about the issue I am writing, and to have my issue looked into in more detail.  They were not trying to hide and the person I talked to seemed sympathetic.

      I called Senator Coleman's office (Minnesota) in Washington D.C. and got his answering service and left a message.  I'm not sure whether or not to attribute the difference in responses to the difference in political parties (Senator Klobuchar is a Democrat and Senator Coleman is a Republican), but I have a feeling that is the case.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
        Andy,

        Thanks for the update. I'm heartened to hear that Senator
        Klobuchar's office is following up.

        Kevin

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

        > I followed up with Senator Klobuchar's office of Minnesota and they
        were very helpful. They were able to locate the letter in their
        office in Washington D.C. and said that they would get back to me.
        They referred me to their Minnesota office where they asked me to
        sign a release, to describe my individual concerns about the issue I
        am writing, and to have my issue looked into in more detail. They
        were not trying to hide and the person I talked to seemed sympathetic.

        > I called Senator Coleman's office (Minnesota) in Washington D.C.
        and got his answering service and left a message. I'm not sure
        whether or not to attribute the difference in responses to the
        difference in political parties (Senator Klobuchar is a Democrat and
        Senator Coleman is a Republican), but I have a feeling that is the
        case.

        > Andy Sterioff
      • susan murray
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007

          Kevin et all,

          I am presently in Belize and will let you know when I return  home if any of the Oregon Senators or Congresswoman replied to my letter.

          Thanks,
          Sue

          To: owcp@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
            Wonderful.

            Hope you're having a great time in Belize.