PLEASE READ: If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson ...

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
      If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson, please provide me
      with the following as soon as possible:

      1. Have you received any response?

      2. If not, have you followed up?

      3. If you have not received a response, do you plan to follow up?

      Thank you.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 12, 2007
        I followed up with Senator Klobuchar's office of Minnesota and they were very helpful.  They were able to locate the letter in their office in Washington D.C. and said that they would get back to me.  They referred me to their Minnesota office where they asked me to sign a release, to describe my individual concerns about the issue I am writing, and to have my issue looked into in more detail.  They were not trying to hide and the person I talked to seemed sympathetic.

        I called Senator Coleman's office (Minnesota) in Washington D.C. and got his answering service and left a message.  I'm not sure whether or not to attribute the difference in responses to the difference in political parties (Senator Klobuchar is a Democrat and Senator Coleman is a Republican), but I have a feeling that is the case.

        If you have contacted your Senator or Congressperson, please provide me
        with the following as soon as possible:

        1. Have you received any response?

        2. If not, have you followed up?

        3. If you have not received a response, do you plan to follow up?

        Thank you.

        Kevin

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
          Andy,

          Thanks for the update. I'm heartened to hear that Senator
          Klobuchar's office is following up.

          Kevin

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

          > I followed up with Senator Klobuchar's office of Minnesota and they
          were very helpful. They were able to locate the letter in their
          office in Washington D.C. and said that they would get back to me.
          They referred me to their Minnesota office where they asked me to
          sign a release, to describe my individual concerns about the issue I
          am writing, and to have my issue looked into in more detail. They
          were not trying to hide and the person I talked to seemed sympathetic.

          > I called Senator Coleman's office (Minnesota) in Washington D.C.
          and got his answering service and left a message. I'm not sure
          whether or not to attribute the difference in responses to the
          difference in political parties (Senator Klobuchar is a Democrat and
          Senator Coleman is a Republican), but I have a feeling that is the
          case.

          > Andy Sterioff
        • susan murray
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007

            Kevin et all,

            I am presently in Belize and will let you know when I return  home if any of the Oregon Senators or Congresswoman replied to my letter.

            Thanks,
            Sue

            To: owcp@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2007
              Wonderful.

              Hope you're having a great time in Belize.