Re: [owcp] Digest Number 173

  • jeanne lese
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
      Kevin and others,
      Call and find out what happened to your letter. Be polite and insistent that
      they give you a reasonable answer. If they have no record or can't find it,
      offer to send it again but ask to whose "attention" it should be sent. There
      is usually an aide who handles PC and/or workers comp issues -- get a NAME.
      Then you can call that person the next time.
      You are one drop in an ocean of constituents with problems. Be the squeaky
      but polite and insistent wheel. Be your own advocate.
      Good luck
      Jeanne Lese, Lariam Action USA

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2007
        Good advice.

        My Senator, Judd Gregg, has been keeping me informed, but I usually
        speak with one of his aides once or twice a week.

        From what I'm hearing, all the other Senators and Congresspersons are
        MIA.