Re: [owcp] Send our messages to interested congress members

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004
      Jan,

      Is Ed Markey your Representative? If so, I'd be happy to send him an email saying that a
      constituent of his suggests that he joins the group.

      Kevin

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004

        What a great idea! I've been soliciting the help of Hillary Clinton for a long time to no avail. I have had the help of Senators often in the past and am very disappointed in her office at this point. Glad to hear that Ted Kennedy might be interested. Tried him back in the late 1980s and got nowhere with him then.

        Nancy
      • Janice Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
          Jan Williams

          > Jan,
          >
          > Is Ed Markey your Representative? If so, I'd be happy to send him an email
          > saying that a
          > constituent of his suggests that he joins the group.
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          >> To the group,
          >> The running commentary of this group should discourage anyone from
          >> signing up. It is also a sad statement of the consideration given to RPCVs
          >> and any responsibility the government feels towards us. My left retina has
          >> been destroyed by infections from service overseas. It has taken me years
          >> to find a doctor who understands the disease and the epidemiology of it, to
          >> state for sure what the relationship is to PC service. Too bad, "untimely
          >> filing" says the OWCP.
          >> Are any congress members being signed up to receive messages from this
          >> group. I believe Rep Ed Markey from Massachusetts is interested in this
          >> issue. He might be a good one to start with.
          >> Jan williams
          >>

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links
          >>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          No he isn't. I've sent the group e-mail address to Richard Neal, who is
          mine. I'll call Markey's office when I get a chance.

          Jan