Pep talk!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 17, 2007
      It's okay guys. Don't get discouraged.

      I've been sending letters to the Senate and Congress and Peace Corps and doing actual official Congressional Investigations for 22 years and worked my head off following up with Sen. Inouye's GAO investigation in the early 1990's, etc....  and a whole lot more that would take days to list. I was part of some very proactive RPCV's in the late 1980's and early 1990's before the internet. We did get a liaison with Peace Corps back then and we got action and an unofficial ombudsman and I met with the whole gang in DC eventually. We got some help in the end but it all unraveled with the change of administration. Nothing happens fast. If I can bounce back after two decades of this and muster again we all can!

      I won't say I'm not really weary, which is why when I feel better and have some time and energy I want to go to the press with some of you because I think that it will have greater impact and I'm actually a bit worn out from this route. But I'm still interesting in pursuing the route that Kevin recently initiated and believe in going through these channels, especially now that we have a force of about 25 here. This is big for us and we should feel proud!  We need patience and we need to keep believing in ourselves and that we will get help and see change.

      Nancy Tongue
      NYC