Re: Senator Judd Gregg - Follow Up

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
      Thanks, Kenn ...

      BUT we're not going to settle for that outcome. I'm hoping to
      persuade Senator Gregg to reconsider his course of action. I'm also
      holding out hope that other Senators, in particular Patrick Leahy,
      will see the problem and be more aggressive in pursuing it.

      I'd like to get our letter in the hands of Chris Dodd, too, but no CT
      resident has stepped forward to help us out in that regard.

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
        I spoke with Leslie Mitchell, a staff person in Senator Gregg's
        Concord office, this morning. I told her that:

        1. We don't understand why the Senator would want to wait for the
        IG's report before proceeding because the IG isn't addressing the
        issues that we raised in our letter.

        2. What the IG is going to say is already known. I referred her to
        the Interim Report to Congress and the Journal of Public Inquiry
        article.

        She said she would forward this information to the Senator.

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
          Has anyone contacted the National Peace Corps Association
          about this? I get the impression that they are more "rah
          rah Peace Corps" than an RPCV advocacy group, but perhaps
          if we say that a bunch of us are looking for help then
          they would be willing to step up. -- Felicia

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
            In a message dated 9/18/2007 8:52:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, owcp2004@... writes:
            I spoke with Leslie Mitchell, a staff person in Senator Gregg's
            Concord office, this morning. I told her that
            Thanks for following up, Kevin.