Senator Judd Gregg - Follow Up

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
      I'm very disappointed. After being encouraged to bring forth our
      issues, I feel like we've gotten the brush off.

      I will try to scan and upload Senator Gregg's letter in the next few
      days, but here's the critical sentence:

      "I have noted your concerns and feel it is important to allow the
      Inspector General's office to complete its investigation before
      determining what further action may be appropriate."

      I'll call Senator Gregg's office tomorrow if I can find a polite way to
      tell him that he has missed the boat.
    • Kenn

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2007
          Thanks, Kenn ...

          BUT we're not going to settle for that outcome. I'm hoping to
          persuade Senator Gregg to reconsider his course of action. I'm also
          holding out hope that other Senators, in particular Patrick Leahy,
          will see the problem and be more aggressive in pursuing it.

          I'd like to get our letter in the hands of Chris Dodd, too, but no CT
          resident has stepped forward to help us out in that regard.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
            I spoke with Leslie Mitchell, a staff person in Senator Gregg's
            Concord office, this morning. I told her that:

            1. We don't understand why the Senator would want to wait for the
            IG's report before proceeding because the IG isn't addressing the
            issues that we raised in our letter.

            2. What the IG is going to say is already known. I referred her to
            the Interim Report to Congress and the Journal of Public Inquiry
            article.

            She said she would forward this information to the Senator.

            Kevin

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
              Has anyone contacted the National Peace Corps Association
              about this? I get the impression that they are more "rah
              rah Peace Corps" than an RPCV advocacy group, but perhaps
              if we say that a bunch of us are looking for help then
              they would be willing to step up. -- Felicia

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 18, 2007
                In a message dated 9/18/2007 8:52:45 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, owcp2004@... writes:
                I spoke with Leslie Mitchell, a staff person in Senator Gregg's
                Concord office, this morning. I told her that
                Thanks for following up, Kevin.