Re: media

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2007
      Hi Nancy,

      Why don't you and Sue (bunstg@...) consider working together
      to coordinate the media part of our campaign? You both seem to have
      ideas and contacts, so I think you'd make a tremendous team!

      Speaking only for myself, I tend to be media shy. I'm happy to
      correspond with reporters via email, but I'm not willing to go "on
      air" (microphones and cameras just aren't my thing).

      Kevin

      P.S. It might be a good idea to invite your media contacts to join
      our group. There is a wealth of information here and plenty of
      members to interview via email.

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, FourDirect@... wrote:

      > Hi gang,
      >
      > I just want to remind the group that I was the one who first took
      out an ad
      > in the RPCV newsletter 8 years ago to try to get a group of us
      together to
      > hopefully go to the media! Kevin was the only person who responded
      to me and
      > then got the Yahoo connection up and going, as I was not
      technically up to
      > speed at the time in that way.
      >
      > Anyway, about 4 years ago, after tremendous hard work and
      connections, I did
      > get someone at NBC interested in airing our "story" but they needed
      10
      > people that I could firmly say shared my frustration and opinions.
      That is when I