Re: [owcp] Send our messages to interested congress members

  • wcaid@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2004
      Try your own congressional rep or senator first.  They usually have a staff person to help constituents with OWCP issues.

      You might want to research timeliness decisions by ECAB.  Even though you can't go to 'court,' OWCP is not the final decision, unless you want them to be.

      Laurie
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004
        Jan,

        Is Ed Markey your Representative? If so, I'd be happy to send him an email saying that a
        constituent of his suggests that he joins the group.

        Kevin

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2004

          What a great idea! I've been soliciting the help of Hillary Clinton for a long time to no avail. I have had the help of Senators often in the past and am very disappointed in her office at this point. Glad to hear that Ted Kennedy might be interested. Tried him back in the late 1980s and got nowhere with him then.

          Nancy
        • Janice Williams
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
            Jan Williams

            > Jan,
            >
            > Is Ed Markey your Representative? If so, I'd be happy to send him an email
            > saying that a
            > constituent of his suggests that he joins the group.
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            >> To the group,
            >> The running commentary of this group should discourage anyone from
            >> signing up. It is also a sad statement of the consideration given to RPCVs
            >> and any responsibility the government feels towards us. My left retina has
            >> been destroyed by infections from service overseas. It has taken me years
            >> to find a doctor who understands the disease and the epidemiology of it, to
            >> state for sure what the relationship is to PC service. Too bad, "untimely
            >> filing" says the OWCP.
            >> Are any congress members being signed up to receive messages from this
            >> group. I believe Rep Ed Markey from Massachusetts is interested in this
            >> issue. He might be a good one to start with.
            >> Jan williams
            >>

            >> Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            No he isn't. I've sent the group e-mail address to Richard Neal, who is
            mine. I'll call Markey's office when I get a chance.

            Jan