RE: [owcp] Re: Letter to Senator Gregg - 8/30/07 update

  • susan murray
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007

      I agree that any contact with the media should wait a few weeks in order to determine the extent of our impact on Congressional members.  Thanks for all of your efforts regarding the letter.

      Sue

      To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
      From: owcp2004@...
      Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57:00 +0000
      Subject: [owcp] Re: Letter to Senator Gregg - 8/30/07 update

      Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
      your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
      friendly format--in the next few days.

      I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
      connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
      the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
      media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
      confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

      What do you think?

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

      > Kevin,
      >
      > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
      sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
      any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

      > Sue

    • Christine Link
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
        Absolutely it would be. Chris Matthews is an RPCV from Swaziland.