Re: [owcp] Re: Letter to Senator Gregg - 8/30/07 update

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
      I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R), and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all three of them are already on our side.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
        It would be great if you would do that. It's a good thing that they
        are already on our side; they'll be more receptive to our message.

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

        > I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R),
        and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all
        three of them are already on our side.

        > Andy Sterioff
      • susan murray
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007

          Kevin,

          I agree that any contact with the media should wait a few weeks in order to determine the extent of our impact on Congressional members.  Thanks for all of your efforts regarding the letter.

          Sue

          To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
          From: owcp2004@...
          Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57:00 +0000

          Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
          your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
          friendly format--in the next few days.

          I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
          connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
          the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
          media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
          confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

          What do you think?

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

          > Kevin,
          >
          > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
          sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
          any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

          > Sue

        • Christine Link
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 2 7:04 AM
            Absolutely it would be. Chris Matthews is an RPCV from Swaziland.