Re: Letter to Senator Gregg - 8/30/07 update

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
      Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
      your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
      friendly format--in the next few days.

      I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
      connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
      the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
      media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
      confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

      What do you think?

      --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

      > Kevin,
      >
      > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
      sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
      any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
        I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R), and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all three of them are already on our side.

        Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
        your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
        friendly format--in the next few days.

        I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
        connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
        the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
        media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
        confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

        What do you think?

        --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

        > Kevin,
        >
        > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
        sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
        any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

        > Sue

        Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
          It would be great if you would do that. It's a good thing that they
          are already on our side; they'll be more receptive to our message.

          --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

          > I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R),
          and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all
          three of them are already on our side.

          > Andy Sterioff
        • susan murray
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007

            I agree that any contact with the media should wait a few weeks in order to determine the extent of our impact on Congressional members.  Thanks for all of your efforts regarding the letter.

            Sue

            To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
            From: owcp2004@...
            Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57:00 +0000

            Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
            your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
            friendly format--in the next few days.

            I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
            connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
            the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
            media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
            confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

            What do you think?

            --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

            > Kevin,
            >
            > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
            sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
            any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

            > Sue

          • Christine Link
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
              Absolutely it would be. Chris Matthews is an RPCV from Swaziland.