Re: [owcp] Letter to Senator Gregg - 8//30/07 update

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
      Kevin,

      Great that we are now 21 names! I wonder how many of us there really are? It would be so interesting to have that actually figure.

      And thanks so much for all your hard work.

    • susan murray
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007

        Kevin,

        I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators.  I wonder if sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

        Sue

        To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
        From: owcp2004@...
        Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:46:38 +0000
        Subject: [owcp] Letter to Senator Gregg - 8//30/07 update

        I am planning to send the letter tonight or tomorrow. We currently
        have 21 names on the letter. If more names come in after the letter is
        in the mail, I'll send an addendum to Senator Gregg next week. Thanks
        everybody!

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
          Sue,
          So good to hear from you and to see your efforts. Thanks!

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
            Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
            your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
            friendly format--in the next few days.

            I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
            connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
            the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
            media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
            confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

            What do you think?

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
              I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R), and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all three of them are already on our side.

              Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
              your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
              friendly format--in the next few days.

              I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
              connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
              the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
              media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
              confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

              What do you think?

              --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

              > Kevin,
              >
              > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
              sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
              any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

              > Sue

              Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
                It would be great if you would do that. It's a good thing that they
                are already on our side; they'll be more receptive to our message.

                --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

                > I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R),
                and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all
                three of them are already on our side.

                > Andy Sterioff
              • susan murray
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007

                  Kevin,

                  I agree that any contact with the media should wait a few weeks in order to determine the extent of our impact on Congressional members.  Thanks for all of your efforts regarding the letter.

                  Sue

                  To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
                  From: owcp2004@...
                  Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57:00 +0000

                  Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
                  your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
                  friendly format--in the next few days.

                  I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
                  connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
                  the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
                  media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
                  confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

                  What do you think?

                  --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

                  > Kevin,
                  >
                  > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
                  sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
                  any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

                  > Sue

                • Christine Link
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                    Absolutely it would be. Chris Matthews is an RPCV from Swaziland.