Letter to Senator Gregg - 8//30/07 update

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
      I am planning to send the letter tonight or tomorrow. We currently
      have 21 names on the letter. If more names come in after the letter is
      in the mail, I'll send an addendum to Senator Gregg next week. Thanks
      everybody!
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007

        Great that we are now 21 names! I wonder how many of us there really are? It would be so interesting to have that actually figure.

        And thanks so much for all your hard work.

      • susan murray
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007

          I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators.  I wonder if sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

          Sue

          To: owcp@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 30, 2007
            Sue,
            So good to hear from you and to see your efforts. Thanks!

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
              Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
              your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
              friendly format--in the next few days.

              I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
              connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
              the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
              media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
              confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

              What do you think?

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
                I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R), and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all three of them are already on our side.

                Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
                your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
                friendly format--in the next few days.

                I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
                connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
                the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
                media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
                confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

                What do you think?

                --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

                > Kevin,
                >
                > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
                sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
                any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

                > Sue

                Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007
                  It would be great if you would do that. It's a good thing that they
                  are already on our side; they'll be more receptive to our message.

                  --- In owcp@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Sterioff <apsterioff@...> wrote:

                  > I can send the letter to Senator Klobuchar (D), Senator Coleman (R),
                  and Representative Keith Ellison (D) here in Minnesota, but I think all
                  three of them are already on our side.

                  > Andy Sterioff
                • susan murray
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 31, 2007

                    I agree that any contact with the media should wait a few weeks in order to determine the extent of our impact on Congressional members.  Thanks for all of your efforts regarding the letter.

                    Sue

                    To: owcp@yahoogroups.com
                    From: owcp2004@...
                    Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 11:57:00 +0000

                    Thank you for your willingness to send a copy of the Gregg letter to
                    your Senators. I'll have the document in our Files area--in a printer
                    friendly format--in the next few days.

                    I like your idea of also sending the letter to RPCVs with media
                    connections, but I have to wonder about timing. Maybe we should give
                    the Senators a couple of weeks with the letter before we involve the
                    media. I wouldn't want a Senator sympathetic to our cause to be
                    confronted with a "surprise" media inquiry.

                    What do you think?

                    --- In owcp@yahoogroups. com, susan murray <bunstg@...> wrote:

                    > Kevin,
                    >
                    > I plan to send the letter to the two Oregon senators. I wonder if
                    sending the letter and cover letter of explanation to Tim Russert and
                    any other RPCVs in the national media would be useful to our cause.

                    > Sue

                  • Christine Link
                    Message 9 of 9 , Sep 2, 2007
                      Absolutely it would be. Chris Matthews is an RPCV from Swaziland.