Re: [owcp] Complaint Against Claims Examiner

  • Christine Link
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
      Wow--can`t believe what your claims examiner is doing. Makes my story seem petty, but here it is. In one of the gazillion attempts to get answers to a denied bill, mine kept hanging up on me after being extremely rude and yelling at me. I complained to the main office supervisor who called me and told me that the "matter was taken care of"--whatever that means. I would gladly take someone rude if they would just do their job correctly and get me the benefits I am entitled to. Anyway, your route is much better and I think you will get better results with who you are copying it to. Might wanna copy it to PC`s post service benefits office for the sake of keeping everyone in the loop, even though they are just as useless most of the time. Good luck.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
        Geez, the worst I ever have is that they don't call me
        back. However, I almost never call them anyway now. I
        just send letters - lots of letters - with dates of
        previous letters, copies of their letters with sections
        highlighted and a new paragraph for each problem. That
        actually seems to get the job done. -- Felicia

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 29, 2007
          I don't talk to OWCP staff either, if I can help it. I think it's
          best to have things in writing. Not that it's a big problem since
          they rarely call me. In fact, they still haven't returned some of
          my calls from 25 years ago!

          My complaint stems from a call that my claims examiner made to my
          doctor's office. When she couldn't convince the office staff to
          give her information from my chart, she became "very rude." Since
          her identity couldn't be verified over the phone and she didn't have
          a valid release of information, my doctor's office did the right
          thing. They cannnot ignore office policy, medical ethics, and state
          and federal privacy laws even if a claims examiner purports to have
          God-like powers.